[AlaskaRC] DESERT AIRCRAFT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AMAZING!

Armand Marshall armand at nmitsolutions.com
Wed Jul 29 09:13:10 AKDT 2009

Most of you have probably heard about (or seen the video) of one of my
DA-100 gas engines blowing a cylinder.

Well, I packed it in a box and took it to the post office; put insurance on
it and priority mailed it back to Desert Aircraft (and I included a video of
the incident).

For reference, the motor wasn't brand new.  I have had it on that plane for
the last 2 to 3 seasons.

It took them one day to look at it and make the necessary repairs.  I called
them and asked about the status of the motor and to see what I owed for the
repairs.  They said, no problem we are going to cover it under warranty.  So
I pulled out my credit card and asked "what about the shipping cost to
return it to me?".  They said, "no problem, we will cover that too and send
it back to you today".

Sure it ended up costing me the fuselage of a composite-arf extra, but I
don't know of many (if any) other companies that would make the repairs and
cover the shipping all for free.

I am definitely one satisfied customer of Desert Aircraft and will continue
to put their motors on my gassers.

(Hey Steve, looks like my motor cost less to repair than your blown motor in
your electric pattern plane after all!)

~ Armand

 <mailto:armand at nmitsolutions.com> armand at nmitsolutions.com