[AlaskaRC] Hal Horton Fun Fly - Awesome

Steve aerobatiks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:05:02 AKDT 2009

It was a great turn out for the Hal Horton fun fly this year. What a great weekend we had. Thanks Bob, Armand, Pat, Jon, Reeves, and everyone else who helped out on Sat and Sun. Those rockets were really impressive, Doug. Especially the second and third launches. Wow! I'll bet the third rocket flight got up over 2500'. All size planes flew off the new airstrip on Saturday. It may not be golf green smooth yet, but some of the members have made plans to rent equipment (out of their own pocket, so relax), and donate time to work on a permanent airstrip adjacent to the temp airstrip so that next year we'll have an airstrip so smooth and long you can even fly jets off of.

Have fun!

Steve