[AlaskaRC] ARCS Summer's Back IMAC this Sunday

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Thu Jun 11 08:37:03 AKDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I just received the unknowns for the IMAC contest at the Groeschel field
this coming Sunday so I thought I would give folks a run down and try to
stir up some interest.

First the details:

Competition will be at the Groeschel field
Advance sign-up available via IMAC website, under NW region
Pilots meeting will be at 10 AM sharp
Flight order will be inverse of sign-up order - so be early ;)
We'll be flying all IMAC classes we have competitors for
There will be one flight of unknowns for Sportsman and above
Unknowns will be distributed at Pilot's meeting
If time allows, we'll fly a freestyle round following the unknowns
NO lunch provided, BYO or burgers / ice cream @ the General Store

Contest fees will be:
	$15 for non-IMAC members
	$5 for current IMAC members (with IMAC number)
	FREE for competitors in Basic class

Links:

IMAC website - http://www.mini-iac.com/
Sequences - IMAC site, left side under quick links, "knowns"

Aircraft requirements: Aircraft must fly and be remotely controllable.

Seriously!  Bring whatever you have and give Basic a try!
The entry fee is FREE for Basic and even if you can't read the Aresti
diagrams yet, there will be plenty of people willing to walk you through
the maneuvers.  I guarantee you'll have a good time or your money back!

About Freestyle:  If time and weather allow, we will be having a
freestyle competition after the unknown flights.  The idea is to have a
judged venue for the pilots to really show what they and their aircraft
are capable of.  Usually the flights are choreographed to music as well.

Get your freestyle music to me!  I'll have a sound system available at
the field, but if you want to guarantee that your music will work,
please get it to me before the day of the event.  MP3 files preferred.

See you out at Groeschel's this Sunday!  I plan on being out there
around 9:00 AM for setup and to open the on-site registration.

Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org