[AlaskaRC] ARCS Summer's Back IMAC this Sunday

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Thu Jun 11 13:04:56 AKDT 2009

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:14:13 -0800
Mark Bendersky <mbendersky at gci.net> wrote:

> can we find an unknown for basic?

I really want Basic to have an entrance barrier that's as low and
unintimidating as possible.  Hence no entrance fee and offers of
assistance with the Aresti.  For some people the known will basically be
an unknown and I want folks to show up with whatever they can dig up
that has wings!

We can discuss it at the pilots meeting, but I wouldn't be opposed to
pilots in the Basic category trying their hand at the Sportsman unknown
for fun if they want.  If a pilot is ready for unknowns, maybe they're
ready to move up anyway ;)

Just to be clear, I'm proposing that Basic pilots who are so inclined
be allowed time in the contest to try the Sportsman unknown (and have it
judged) without the flight counting towards their contest score
or advancing them to the Sportsman class.

Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org