[AlaskaRC] Groeschel field closed this weekend

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Thu Jun 18 09:46:22 AKDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let folks know that the Groeschel field will be closed
to flying this coming weekend (June 20-21).  A group of dedicated
volunteers will be preparing what will become the permanent runway and
laying out the new parking and pit areas.  The new runway will be
displaced to the north of the runway we've been using and the new pits
will be between the entrance road and the runway so we won't have people
driving through the tall grass or pits to park.

If you're so inclined, please feel free to come out and lend a hand.  My
understanding is most of the manual work will involve shovels, rakes,
picks and the like.  Be sure to bring some gloves.  Saturday is the
current target for most of the work, but that may shift depending on
weather.  Watch the mailing list for updates.

Thanks to everyone who is pulling together to make this field into a
really world class flying venue!

By the way, I've also posted this on the ARCS calendar.

Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org