[AlaskaRC] ARCS Field

akflyer akflyer_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 07:13:57 AKDT 2009

I can second this one.  The PMA had all our eggs in one basket with the soldotna flying field and ened up hosed when we lost it.  We got the Kenai flying field up to par by putting in a 500X75' grass runway and thought we were walking in high cotton again.  Last fall a new borough tax assessor came in and upped the lease by 2000.00 without telling anyone namely US.  We did not know we any of this had happened till I got a phone call saying we were behind on the lease payment and they terminated the lease (come to find out they did this to atleast 6 other organizations on the peninsula).  We fought hard and jumped through alot of hoops, but were able to get the lease back just 1 week ago.  We went through the winter flying off local lakes etc, till we were able to get our field back.  Please try to learn from our mistakes and if at possible, secure more than one spot to fly!

I have found that most clubs have a VERY small hand full of "doers" that actually help to maintain the fields and really give alot of time to make sure that all the rest of the complainers and whiners have a nice place to fly..  I for one hope to be able to come up and fly off your new site and enjoy this GREAT addiction with you folks.

Arrmand, Mike, Steve, Pat, and the rest of the "doers" thanks for your hard work and diligence in making sure that every one up there will have a place to fly should they choose to!

Leonard Perry
President P.M.A.