[AlaskaRC] The Field

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Sat May 9 20:29:52 AKDT 2009

)

> Anyway, this is a picture of Steve’s back as he looks across the
> incredible field!
> This field is basically across the road from Wayne’s World.  I am
> heading out there for awhile today.  If you want to come check it out,
> give me a call for directions (if you need them) – otherwise, come on
> out.  907-245-3550  The cell phone reception comes and goes out there,
> so leave a message if no answer.
>
> Once again, thanks to all those that are making this happen.

I've just received confirmation that ARCS members are welcome to fly at
this field once it's insured.  We all owe a big thank you to everyone
involved in making this new field available to the club in the interim!
Remember, we'll be voting as a club whether to make this an official
ARCS flying site at the June meeting.  My hesitation to have that vote
at the last meeting was because I wasn't sure how Wayne would react, but
he has no objections and his only request is we shut down flying by 9 PM
- so I'll make that part of the proposed flying rules for the site.

I have the insurance paperwork filled in and will be faxing it in first
thing Monday morning.  I'll follow the fax up with a phone call, credit
card in hand to get the insurance squared away ASAP and will post an
update once the field is officially insured.

Here is the location, it's across from Waynes World:

http://maps.google.com/?q=61.406337,-150.070324

There is still some work to be done at the field, and volunteers are
welcome to pitch in.   Let's start up a discussion on what needs to be
done and coordinate it on this list.

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org