[AlaskaRC] FAA looking at possibly regulating model aircraft

Marty Hall mjhall at alaskarcs.com
Wed May 13 15:16:06 AKDT 2009

One place to watch is the Federal Register on line. If you sign up
for it you'll get a whole LOT of stuff in the form of a list that
does not pertain to this, or even FAA, but if you scroll down to the
FAA section and watch for this and any thing else your interested in,
you can read first hand what the FAA is saying. I subscribe to this
at work and I guess I will here at home... being semi-retired (Darn!
;-)) I only work a couple days a week and might miss it... If some
thing pops up, I'll try to remember o post it here.

Marty

At 13:16 5/13/2009, you wrote:
>On Wed, 13 May 2009 12:23:03 -0800
>Patrick Martin <n411x at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Of course, this is my first look at this NPRM, if it is a notice at
> > all. From knowledge of how the FAA writes things, it always says you
> > canNOT do anything unles, "A,B,C.. etc". So in my very quick initial
> > look at this, it may appear that they are saying unless you operate
> > under the guise and rules of the AMA, you may not fly turbines. There
> > are some other little bits of language there that reek of massive
> > regulation and red tape and unsustainable compliance that may threaten
> > all civil model airplane activity. Don't be scared for turbines. No.
> > Be scared for model aviation! We do not want any of this. We've seen
> > before that rules generated, from people with ZERO experience in the
> > area they try to regulate, lead to nothing but disfunctionality.
> >
> > I'd love to think the AMA is all over this. It seems they are in some
> > ways, with their name plastered all over this. But I'm certainly
>
>Well, I think Tony Stillman is a pretty straight shooter - I believe his
>summary of the situation and I also believe that we'll know when we can
>make our opinions known as part of the NPRM process.
>
>--
>Tom

Marty Hall
Fairbanks, Alaska
mjhall at alaskarcs.com

The United States Constitution (c)1791.  All Rights Reserved.