[AlaskaRC] Indoor Flying

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Wed May 20 14:18:12 AKDT 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009 13:10:55 -0800
"Fred Keller" <fkeller at mtaonline.net> wrote:

> Indoor flying is over for the year at Teeland.
>
> Due to the fact that I have resigned as a volunteer Science Olympiad
> coach at Teeland, we will not have access to their facility for any
> more indoor flying activities.  I have been in this position for 12
> years and have dedicated thousands of hours to the Sci O program.  I
> think this is a time in my life to move on and expand my participation
> in other interests.  I am looking forward to being able to participate
> in and support more of the club's flying activities (indoors and
> outdoors).

Fred,

On behalf of ARCS, I would like to thank you for providing a wonderful
example of how modelers can give back to the community and have a great
time doing it!

Thank you also for facilitating ARCS' use of the Teeland facilities all
these years as well as being one of our very best club resources for how
to build lighter, stronger and smaller!

> For everyone's information, one of my teams received a fourth place
> (out of 60 teams) award in the Wright Flyer at Sci O Nationals last
> week.  Each one of you would have been very proud of the kids and the
> professionalism they showed.

This is outstanding news Fred!  For those who haven't had the
opportunity to interact with the Science Olympiad kids, they really are
a sharp, motivated and inspiring bunch.

If there are club members who are interested in starting up a school
partnership for Science O, please let me know and I'll facilitate
it.  The timing is ideal, we can work out the details over the summer
and have a program in place when school starts in the fall.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com
--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org