[AlaskaRC] May 30th Glider contest moved to Groeschel

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Tue May 26 12:28:10 AKDT 2009

Hello everybody,

After the outstanding volunteer turnout at the Groeschel field on
Saturday, we've decided to move the May 30th Glider & Electric contest.
The Groeschel field is larger, flatter and normally calmer than Moffitt
- plus the contest fees will go into the club coffers rather than a
rental fee.  I've updated the club calendar, and have already spoken
with the CD (Doug Franklin) and at least half of the competitive glider
pilots and they are all enthusiastic about giving it a try.

Cross your fingers, if it's sunny and the normally calm conditions
prevail there should be some outstanding thermal action.  Bob might even
be able to thermal the Brickaneer!

If you'd rather not drive, let's coordinate car pooling on this list.
If you can operate a stop watch and enjoy spending the day soaking up
vitamin D with friends, we've got a deal for you :)

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org