[AlaskaRC] Dues discussion & election reminder

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Mon Oct 5 07:50:42 AKDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I wanted to remind folks that we've been having some good productive
discussions at the last couple meetings about revising the ARCS dues
structure.  If you have an idea to present, please let me know so I can
get you on the agenda for the October meeting.

In a nutshell, our annual costs have gone down somewhat and depending on
the membership level it may be possible to restructure our annual dues.
Some ideas that have been floated so far include possibly exchanging
work party participation for a dues discount, lowering the dues by a
fixed percentage, and lowering the dues to something on par with other
clubs in the vicinity.

If you are interested in floating an idea for changing how we assess
club dues, I would ask that you review the treasurer's reports posted in
the membership area of the web site to get an idea of our current
expenses and take that information into account.

While we could as a group vote to amend our dues structure at any time,
the next two meetings are really the time of the year to make such a
change.

That brings me to the next topic, annual officer elections!  All ARCS
officer positions are up for election at the November meeting, and I
encourage anyone with an interest in becoming an officer to throw your
hat in the ring.  The only requirements are a positive attitude and
ideas about how ARCS should continue to evolve and grow in service to
the R/C community!  Bob Edison and Bob Stephens have graciously agreed
to coordinate the officer search so get in touch with either one of them
if you are interested.  Their contact information is in the club
directory in the members area of the web site.

By the way, as I mentioned last meeting, officer elections are an annual
event but normally officers serve a two year term with the president and
treasurer positions being elected in alternating years to help preserve
continuity.  We've gotten away from that pattern and I want to restore
it because having someone with experience in either position is very
helpful to incoming officers.  Consequently the upcoming treasurer term
will be one year only.

See you at the meeting!

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org