[AlaskaRC] death of flying friend

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Tue Oct 20 06:26:14 AKDT 2009

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:28:00 -0700 (PDT)
Gary Rude <ruderc at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm using the mailing list from the newsletter to let those who may
> not have heard or read the Daily News that Gary Rude passed away on
> October 10 after a long battle with lung cancer.  The obituary was
> finally published in Thursday's paper (with a wrong time for the
> interment).  The interment appropriately ended with sun appearing from
> behind clouds and a plane leaving from Merrill and flying over the
> cemetery.   Gary's wife,Phyllis
> phyllisr at gci.net

Hello Phyllis,

You have my heartfelt sympathy.  Gary was a fun and memorable character
who was really one of the movers and shakers of the R/C sport up here.
The whole R/C community will miss him greatly.  If there is anything I
or the ARCS club can do to help, please let me know.

Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org