[AlaskaRC] Anyone good tuning an engine

Nathan Stanfield NathanStanfield at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:41:15 AKDT 2009

Hello all, I am a new member of the club and just got to Alaska a month ago.
I have an OS .55 with at Pitts muffler that is giving me problems. It runs
well on the stand but dies as soon as I try to throttle up to take off.  I
have tuned it the best I can, its just rich enough so that it does not lose
power when pointing strait up, but I think with the pitts its not getting
enough back pressure and is running rich to keep it going when pointed up. I
think if I pinch off one of the two exhaust outlets it might help??? Anyone
willing to come out to Elmendorf field on Sunday to help me with it? Or does
anyone have any ideas about what I could do to fix this?
Thanks,
Nathan