[AlaskaRC] Carrier Landings on a Pitching Deck Part 1 & 2

Marty Hall mjhall at alaskarcs.com
Fri Feb 26 17:04:05 AKST 2010

At least it's not the whole show. It was the more enjoyable part...
with out all the piss'n, and moaning, and whining like a little
girl's school all the way from the Dept. Heads to the scullery crew.
I expect the scullery hands to be unhappy but a senior airplane
driver, a 20 years plus Chief, a 1st class in a good job as far as
carrier jobs go, and  the female type that got pregnant and seemed to
wonder "How the Hell did that happen?". Obviously she was not given
access to "How to not to get knocked up while cruising with the
Seventh Fleet" by the Training Dept. Ya just can't trust those
TD's... (Training Devicemen... the people that provide all the
training material and devices for the fleet). A good start is when
that 2nd Class Boats says "Hey... I got some thing to show you in the
forward chain locker..." STAY OUT'TA THAT LOCKER!

I watched two episodes and couldn't hack the bed wetting any more.

I remember when I was a young Squid (Marine talk for sailor) and
those old S.O.B.'s would come around and say "This sxxt never
happened in MY Navy!!!  I have no doubt how I'd be classified
today.... because.... "This sxxt never happened in MY Navy!!!!" :-!

At 14:32 2/26/2010, you wrote:
>Watch both parts, excellent and will keep you on the edge of your seat.
>
>Steven Lingle
><mailto:barisax at olypen.com>barisax at olypen.com
>
>[]
>

>>>Russian Roulette Landings
>>>
>>>This is very unnerving, landing with deck pitching 30 feet, at
>>>night, low on fuel. Incredible. You will never forget viewing this.
>>>I have seen a lot of aviation emails but the two videos below are
>>>may be the best. Turn on your sound and go full screen. I
>>>guarantee this will definitely hold your attention.
>>>
>>>These videos show the difference between Naval Aviation and any other kind.
>>>The links below are two outstanding videos about F-18 carrier
>>>operations aboard the USS Nimitz during weather that causes a
>>>severely pitching deck, which you can see in the videos.  It's
>>>more dangerous than most combat missions and the tension in the
>>>pilots and crew is very apparent.
>>>
>>>Carrier Landing on a pitching deck, Part 1
>>><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGMI8d3vLs>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGMI8d3vLs
>>>
>>>Carrier Landing on a pitching deck, Part 2
>>><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0yj70QbBzg>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0yj70QbBzg
>>><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0yj70QbBzg&feature=related>

Marty Hall
Fairbanks, Alaska
mjhall at alaskarcs.com

The United States Constitution (c)1791.  All Rights Reserved.
                                          In God We Trust