[AlaskaRC] Elmendorf Lawn Mower

Rod rod at customcpu.com
Fri Apr 15 07:13:11 AKDT 2011

Armand,
Put me down for $100 pledge.
Rod

From: alaskarc-bounces at lists.alaskarc.org
[mailto:alaskarc-bounces at lists.alaskarc.org] On Behalf Of Armand Marshall
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 5:22 AM
To: ARCS mailing list
Subject: [AlaskaRC] Elmendorf Lawn Mower

At the last few meetings, we've been discussing the fact that we need a new
lawn mower for the Elmendorf field.

I've been looking around at riding mowers and have found that you can get a
new one for about $1,000 to $1,100.  I just saw a used 42" one this morning
on Craig's list for $700 that included a 40" time dethatcher and a 42" snow
blade.

So what can we do about it?  I'm willing to put up some money towards a
mower for Elmendorf.  Is anybody else interested or willing to chip in
towards that?  I figure that if we can come up with a good portion of the
cost via our own pockets, then we can approach the club at the meeting and
propose that the club make up the difference.  So right now we would just be
in the collecting of pledges for money.  Any actual decisions would probably
have to wait until the next meeting (May 3rd).

If you are interested, let me know.  Or if you have another suggestion,
let's hear it.  Or if you know where we can get a good deal on a mower,
definitely let's hear about that!

I'll start by pledging $100 towards a replacement mower for Elmendorf.

~ Armand
Armand at nmitsolutions.com