[AlaskaRC] IMAC

aerobatiks at gmail.com aerobatiks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:05:04 AKDT 2011

Hey all you IMAC fans,

    The first IMAC contest for the Anchorage/MatSu area is this Sunday 6-12-11, 10 am, at Groeschel Field. Myself and others will also be at the field Saturday (weather permitting) for some fun flying, practicing, and helping out anyone interested in learning and flying IMAC. You can start off like I did in an easy class and move up when your ready. I have seen many pilots improve their skills in ALL types of flying simply by learning the control required to fly even the Basic sequence. The idea of IMAC (and Pattern for that matter) is to learn how to “fully control” your plane through any maneuver. In the entry level “Basic”, that may be a simple loop or roll. I fly IMAC for fun. You can be like me, or take it more seriously and get competitive. I think it’s great for your flying, and for me it’s a blast.

    We will have plenty of hot dogs, maybe some brats and/or Salmon for Sunday (all donated, not club funds), and also on Saturday if the weather isn’t bad. Saturday is open flying, but there will be guys out there practicing and willing to help anyone interested in IMAC. I could also use help scribing, calling and maybe a grill master on Sunday. Also, it would be great to have someone with a laptop and the IMAC scoring program to do the scorekeeping.

    The new grass has settled in and is looking great this year. Thanks to all who helped out with labor, or donated money to get a source of water for the critical first season (which started off bone dry).  It looks so good!!!

Thanks,
    Steve Mclaughlin