[AlaskaRC] Awesome Day at Groeschel Field

Armand Marshall Armand at nmitsolutions.com
Sun Jun 12 16:59:57 AKDT 2011

As I am writing this note, I am sure that there are still a bunch of folks out at the field still having a great time.

Thank you Mr. Steve McLaughlin for an awesome day out flying with friends!!!

I had a great time!

I would like to extend my thanks out to "Tok" for providing all the food, the great grilling skills, and for letting myself (and others) fly his high performance kite!

Thanks to Tom Simes for coming all the way out to handle the scoring duties!  He looks so cute in day-glow yellow motorcycle gear.

Thanks to Mr. Groeschel for sharing such an awesome site with us!  Did he eat the last piece of chicken?

Those of you who didn't make it out, you won't believe what a day you missed out there.  The weather was great.  We had enough food to feed about 100 people!!!  There was a ton of 'open flying time' too (before, during, and after).

Took in another donation for the JBER (Elmendorf) lawn mower!  (We could still use another few people willing to part with $50 for that cause).

Welcome goes out to Mr. Rod Wilkinson for flying his first IMAC!!!  Keep your eyes on him because if he sneaks up into your class you might have a fight on your hands!

Don't forget Hal Horton is next Saturday.  The field looks great!  The grass will be freshly mowed (typically it is freshly cut by each Saturday morning in the summer season) and you can fly anything off of it (even little itsy, bitty, tiny, delicate, foamy-style landing gear)!  It is so smooth even our VP (George) can fly foamies off of it (though he typically lands wherever he darn well feels lilke)!

Again, huge (Steve sized) thanks goes out to Steve for organizing and running the 'event'!!!  Hah, yah that's right, it was an 'event'.
And, no planes were damaged in the making of this awesome day (not even Steve's)!!!

~ Armand
Armand at nmitsolutions.com