[AlaskaRC] Donated Large Scale Model Project

Norm Lagasse nahmy at gci.net
Wed Jun 22 07:35:12 AKDT 2011

To Mark and Fellow ARCS Members,

	Gene Burky recently assisted the Museum in receiving a beautiful 1/4
scale 1954 Cessna C-180 that is 85% built.

	The craftsmanship is incredible and all the hard parts have been
done. There's enough fiberglas provided to wrap the model over several
times. Everything is hinged, front cowling is built, needs final
version of Windscreen to be fabricated.

	We would like to use the model in the Kid's area with fully
functional control surfaces and some means to provide control input to
the model from an interactive kiosk.

	Do we have a group of modelers that would like to tackle this as a
Winter project?

	If you are interested please stop by the Museum and take a look at
the project or contact me at the Museum, director at alaskaairmuseum.org
or 632-0888.

	I'd be happy to forward photos to anyone interested in finishing up
this project.

Thanks,

Norm