[AlaskaRC] Glider Contest on Saturday 7/14

Doug Franklin drfranklin at gci.net
Sat Jul 14 07:59:18 AKDT 2012

All, it isn't raining this morning, but Mr. Ed reports some clouds are below
electric launch height on KGB road. Predicted cloud base at
http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?sta=PANC
<http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?sta=PANC&model=avn&state=AK&Sub
mit=Get+Forecast> &model=avn&state=AK&Submit=Get+Forecast is 2000 to 3000
feet which is pretty low.

Although it is flyable, I would be really surprised if there are any
thermals to be found. So it's kind of like we could go fishing, but there
aren't any fish running.

It's a long drive to get skunked, so I am reluctantly CANCELLING this event.
The field is open to all comers.

Doug