[AlaskaRC] Fw: Future RC

Patrick Martin n411x at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:39:22 AKDT 2014

Doug,
 Have you seen this  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/drones-over-america-60-minutes/
Pat

Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 10:48:25 +0100
From: drfranklin at gci.net
To: alaskarc at lists.alaskarc.org
Subject: Re: [AlaskaRC] Fw: Future RC

I’ve got a TBS Discovery fitted with a GoPro, small video camera, Spektrum 2.4 GHz Rx, and a 5.8 GHz video Tx, which are matched to some Skyshark goggles. Also have the Flamewheel F450, without any video/camera gear. Its effective video range seems to be a bit less than a mile, dependent on altitude and attitude. Effective RC range is likely much much greater. It’s carrying the DJI last-gen flight control unit, which has a pretty reliable return to launch feature, which I can trigger with a switch on the Tx, or will automatically engage upon loss of signal from the Tx.  Be happy to demo and/or turn the controls over to David for a trial, but am not due back in AK until May. Doug From: Mister Ed [mailto:mr.ed at alaska.com]