[AlaskaRC] Real-time sensor map for Alaska

Dirk & Alison atdg588 at acsalaska.net
Tue Dec 8 21:26:47 AKST 2015

A link to an interesting site recently sent to me.

Dirk

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Real-time sensor map for Alaska

Date: December 8, 2015 11:18:55 AM AKST

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across a map the other day that might be useful for sussing field
work or recreation. It was put together by Axiom Data Science, a local
company, for the Alaska Ocean Observing System. It compiles data from dozens
of real-time sensor feeds for the state; ocean buoys, NOAA weather stations,
SNOTEL snow stations, USGS stream gauges, AVO webcams, DOT webcams, FAA
webcams, etc. Data are displayed in popup windows just by hovering over a
station location. It's pretty cool!

http://portal.aoos.org/real-time-sensors.php#map?lg=8c5dd704-59ad-11e1-bb67-
0019b9dae22b
<http://portal.aoos.org/real-time-sensors.php#map?lg=8c5dd704-59ad-11e1-bb67
-0019b9dae22b&p=proj3857&b=google_hybrid> &p=proj3857&b=google_hybrid

Hope it's useful.

---