[AlaskaRC] P-47 in Europe - WW II

Douglas Leamon yukonav8r at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 08:27:34 AKST 2015

Steve,

Photographic film was very scarce towards the end of the war. As a result of
this, I only have one photo of my father with his airplane (P-47) during
WWII.

When the video started I realized the film was about my Dad's fighter group.
After 1 minute, 48 seconds I recognized an aircraft with familiar nose art,
"Keg o' My Heart". It was my Dad's aircraft and the nose art was a play on
the popular song, "Peg o' My Heart". I am not sure who the individual was
standing next to the airplane but my Dad may have known him. Dad was in
Europe from Christmas 1944 through Aug 1945. I watched the entire film
looking for my Father and did not see him although I remember him talking
about the making of this film.

Cheers,

Doug Leamon