[AlaskaRC] Air Hogs Titan - Build Instructions

miner at email.com miner at email.com
Tue Mar 10 09:26:51 AKDT 2015

My vote would be to only use the Air Hogs Titans.

I also picked up one of the Guillows foam gliders earlier in the year
when I was not sure the Air Hogs were going to be available
locally.  The Guillows version is about 2/3 the weight of the Air
Hogs Titan, and feels quite a bit flimsier (the aft fuselage
especially flexes quite easily).

My idea for this contest was to put together something where
everybody (whether a beginner or expert) could put together a simple
& inexpensive airplane and compete in some fun events with the
playing field being as even as possible.

Here are my suggestions for allowable modifications to the Air Hogs
Titans (open for discussion):

1. The only surface area additions are for movable control surfaces
(I found rudder and elevator are more than enough for control, but
would not disallow ailerons, flaps, spoilers, leading edge slats,
etc. - so long as they are movable by the pilot in flight).

2. The same powerplant/thrust system must be used for all contest
events whether it be electric motor, glow engine, ducted fan, warp
drive, etc.  The only allowable changes between events would be
amount of energy the pilot chooses to have onboard (capacity of
battery, amount of glow fuel, quantity of dilithium crystals, etc.).

3. Creative color schemes are highly encouraged.

4. The AMA Safety Code needs to be followed.

Let me know what you think,

Gary