[AlaskaRC] missed questions from Marty

miner at email.com miner at email.com
Fri Apr 15 09:56:12 AKDT 2016

Marty - sorry for missing your questions last week.

The ARCS web page has a document you can download that I put together
a year and a half ago that shows a quick and dirty method I used.

I haven't looked at any youtube videos, but I'm sure there are better
ways out there.

This is repeating myself, but here are the allowable modifications to
the Air Hog Titans for our contests:

1. The only surface area additions are for movable control surfaces
(rudder and elevator are more than enough for control, but would also
allow ailerons, flaps, spoilers, leading edge slats, etc. - so long
as they are movable by the pilot in flight).

2. The same power plant/thrust system must be used for all contest
events whether it be electric motor, glow engine, ducted fan, warp
drive, etc. The only allowable changes between events would be amount
of energy the pilot chooses to have onboard (capacity of battery,
amount of glow fuel, quantity of dilithium crystals, etc.).

3. A device for dropping the washer/streamer (CF rod, dowel rod,
extra servo, mechanism, etc.) may be removed for other events.

4. The AMA Safety Code needs to be followed.

Gary