[AlaskaRC] A-10

Dirk & Alison atdg588 at acsalaska.net
Mon Apr 25 21:44:32 AKDT 2016

I agree retiring this amazing plane is a mistake even though it’s getting on in years.  In spite of the end of the cold war, the Russia issue is still not settled and is now heating up again – remember the original mission for these planes.  I think right now they are halfway into a wing replacement program.

Are you sure it is a done deal?  I think I heard some senators are trying to block the retirement and one airforce general said this past November that the retirement might be delayed for several years.