[AlaskaRC] SAM web site

Martin Hall Mjhall at alaskarcs.com
Wed May 10 11:54:30 AKDT 2017

Correction to SAM web site… http://www.antiquemodeler.org/

From: AlaskaRC [mailto:alaskarc-bounces at lists.alaskarc.org] On Behalf Of Frederick Pennington via AlaskaRC
Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:00 PM
To: Mister Ed; ARCS mailing list
Subject: Re: [AlaskaRC] SAM web site

Hey Ed,

I am building an electric rc 48" Buccaneer, the wing area is 686 sq in. I think, it is rare sized model and had to calculate by scaling the wing area from a 66" model.

The only class I am eligible for, I think, is the Electric limited motor run.

As I have calculated it, I have to weigh 38.1 oz or more to get to the 8 oz a sq ft minimum and can either have a less than 960 mah 2 cell or 641 mah 3 cell.

Am I close?

Am I allowed to make modifications to the cowl/nose to better fit the electric motor? The gas motor design has the engine too far back. If I place the motor behind the first bulkhead the prop would strike the balsa cowl.

Thanks a lot,

Derrick