[AlaskaRC] Groeschel Field

Rod Wilkinson rod.wilkinson59 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 15:35:00 AKDT 2018

OK, since the weather has been so nice lately I took a drive out to check
on field conditions.
The field is still covered in snow about 8 to 10 inches deep on the
average.  It is melting as
there is a small stream flowing out to the road at the entrance to the
field.  As usual, the ditch
is filling with water and just starting to get onto Guernsey Rd.  Also the
entrance area is a bit
muddier than normal, but this may be from the farmers using it all winter.
The road into the field
has been plowed this winter by the farmers as far as the corner of the
woods.  Untouched from
there on into the flying site.  My guess is mid May for opening.  MAYBE May
12th or so.
​PLEASE no one attempt to drive into the field until you have word that it
is good to do so.​

​Rod​ Wilkinson