[AlaskaRC] 2018 State Scale Meet

Rod Wilkinson rod.wilkinson59 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:35:04 AKDT 2018

Even thought the weather forecast was not that great, it turned out to be a
nice day at the field. Very light sprinkles stopped about 0930 and a large
hole of blues sky opened up over head!
The clouds did roll through on and off, but no rain.  Actually the day
turned out nice and warm, no bugs, calm winds and a great time.
Many thanks go out to all who helped, "Doc" Smith & Pat Anderson as Static
Judges, Tom Parsley, Bob Stephens and Mark Ritz as flight judges, Tom and
Shannon for preparing a great luncheon.
and anyone else I may have left out.  We were able to get two rounds of
flying with three events.  The outcome is as follows:

Fun Scale

1. Ed Cunningham
2. John Cooley
3. Don Meyers
4. Tom Parsley
5. Jeff Anderson

Sport Scale

1. Mark Ritz
2. John Cooley

Open Scale

1. Ed Cunningham

The closet race was in Fun Scale with Mr. Ed edging out John Cooley by a
mere 8 points.  A well flown dual to the end!
Once again, thanks to all, all who helped, all who came to watch and all
the contestants.

Rod Wilkinson
CD