[AlaskaRC] Horizon Hobby & Tower Hobbies seem to be one in the same.

Robert Stephens rfstephens at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 11:09:24 AKST 2019

Don.

This is why I always shop local first.  Ryan can usually get you stuff in a week.  If that doesn’t work, I have found it really pays to shop for the best deals ie: shipping.  There can be a VAST difference in rates depending of the size of the vendor. Sometimes small vendors work with the customer better than the larger “Horizons”. Sometimes…….you have no choice.

Was looking at some Thunderpower batteries (2S325mah) to replace my old ones.  The batteries are about 10$ each.  Was going to order 6 but they wanted $90 for shipping!  $140 for 6 batteries makes em over 23 bucks a pop.  I think I will check with Ryan on those but LiPo orders at AHH tends to be slow.

The Microaces guy ships his kits, from England,  for under $24 US but he takes his orders each day to the post office on a bike.  That kind of service is unheard of in the USA.

Looking forward to seeing that P-40 on Wednesday .  Thanks for helping score at the Scale contest