[AlaskaRC] April 4th Meeting News

Don Fuller dfuller995 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:21:14 AKDT 2023

Hello fellow ARC’s members

A few exciting things to pass along from our meeting.

Our Indoor Scale contest is 4/21/23 at 6:30pm in the Teeland school gym.
Our CD Don Meyers requested I pass along the following information.

Please print and fill out the attached contest form. If you have any rule
questions here is a link to the RC Fixed-Wing Scale 2022-2023 handbook.
https://www.modelaircraft.org/sites/default/files/RC%20Fixed-Wing%20Scale%202022-2023.pdf

Each flight will have a 3 minute time limit to complete your routine.

We need judges so please come join the fun, bring a plane and fly or join
me as a judge. This is always a great event, loads of fun and I encourage
all to come and enjoy the event.

In case you have not heard Anchorage House of Hobbies is hosting the first
Anchorage Hobby Fest May 20th at the Sports Dome.  We will demo indoor
flying, static display of airplanes, possible simulators. Come join the
fun, try your hand at Indoor Flying.

Our summer event schedule has one change for the Pattern contest. This had
to be moved out 1 week from 7/15 to 7/22. The Web Page schedule is update
so check out the events.

Some members have been test flying the
https://www.crashtesthobby.com/assassin-39.html promoted as the worlds
toughest plane. We intend to disprove this with direct contact Combat
events, get one and join the fun. I can say from my test crashes they hold
up really well.

We might even try some Pylon racing with them.

Don’t forget bring your creations to the meeting for your shot at the
Anchorage House of Hobbies $50.00 Gift Card.

Congratulations to Lee Truesdale on his Pretty Plane award for April.

ARC’s President

Don Fuller