[AlaskaRC] Meeting and Event Review

Don Fuller dfuller995 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 16:56:54 AKDT 2023

The club held it's August meeting at Bell's Nursery with one member joining
online Tuesday August 1st.
We have received notice that Groeschel Field has been approve as a FRIA
flying site. FAA-Recognized Identification Area (Remote-ID not Required).
Thanks to Jeff Anderson for handling our application.

In our new business section we have discussed the need to do some road and
field maintenance. The club needs to address the road before winter. A few
members have donated so far to get us a good start on the funds needed. I
believe we have about $500.00 of the estimated $2000.00 we might need. Jim
Sharp has offered to investigate options and get a real estimate together
for rock to put in the bad spots of the road. I certainly don't expect
anyone to put themselves in a financial hardship to contribute but I would
like to ask everyone that can please consider helping out. We have about 35
members which is just enough to cover the yearly operating cost of the
field. Other required maintenance has to be funded somehow other than our
dues. I personally pledge $200.00 to this fund bringing our total to
$700.00. Donations maybe sent to our PO Box (Alaska Radio Control Society,
P.O. Box 232162, Anchorage, AK 99523-2162) or given to any club officer.
Thank You all in advance your field appreciates you.

ARCS Scale Contest
The ARCS Scale contest was held at Groeschel Field. It was a glorious day
for flying with sunny skies, and enough wind to keep things interesting. We
had a good turnout with eight pilots. The flying was excellent and the
scoring was very close. Rod W has once again put on a great contest. Rod is
usually working to keep our field perfect.

Rod Wilkinson1st Place
Bob Stevens 2nd
Leon Shelton 3rd
That concludes the ARCS competition season. There will be a Glider/SAM fun
fly next weekend. Fingers crossed for continued great weather. Hope to see
everyone there.

ARC's President
Don Fuller