[AlaskaRC] July Summary

Don Fuller dfuller995 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 17:32:24 AKDT 2024

Well flyers the year goes by fast, we have completed our contest for this
year, however the field is still open and will be until the ground is
covered with the white stuff. It has been an exciting year, we have several
new members, some renewed interest in contest and best of all a lot of good
comradery. Special thanks to Anchorage House of Hobbies for providing gift
cards for a participant drawing at the contest.
ARC's will be participating in the upcoming Anchorage House of Hobbies
Hobby Fest, we have been ask to bring models to setup as static displays,
indoor planes to perform indoor flying demonstrations. I will be bringing
my large scale models, a simulator and try to do some indoor
demonstrations. Charging of batteries is not allowed inside the dome, I
will have my trailer setup outside for anyone that wants to charge power
will be provided please bring your own chargers and cables. I would like to
have some others come and help me manage security.

AHH has requested we provide names of participating members 2 weeks prior
to this event so they can prepare staff badges. All staff members are
waived admission fees. Setup is on Friday August 23rd and the event is on
Saturday August 24th. Please come out and help support our hobby and our
local hobby shop.

The August meeting is online and in person at Bell's Nursery at the normal
time of 7:30pm Tuesday August 6th. Would really like to see the house full
and hear about all the great flying tales so far this year. If you can't
make it in person here is the online meeting link.

https://meet.google.com/maz-kadm-hga

Don Fuller
President