[AlaskaRC] Fairbanks R/C auction during Water 'N Wheels

Mike Davis mike.davis at dcsol.com
Thu Jun 4 11:34:13 AKDT 2009

Just wanted to take a moment to give everybody a little more information
about the auction we are planning to hold after flying has completed on
Saturday July 4th.  We will have the barbaque running, and hopefully be
settling down for the day.

In the past one of functions served by the auction was to raise a little
money for the club coffers, which we achieved by charging a 10% fee on the
auction.  But since we're asking folks to haul items hundreds of miles to
bring to this auction it was agreed at our club meeting last night to reduce
this to only 5%.  Anybody selling an item in the auction also has the right
to set a minimum price, and if that price is not met there will be no fee...
so don't be afraid to try selling anything.

The last thing discussed last night was advertising the auction locally.
Apparently there are a lot of people in the Fairbanks area with R/C models
in the garages that their trying to sell.  So we intend to announce our
auction to the public via the local papers and radio stations.  I don't know
what kind of turn out we will get on July 4th, but it's worth a try.

That's all I've got for now, just want to keep all you ARCS members
informed.  I'm really looking forward to another great Water 'N Wheels
event!  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of our
club officers... www.midnightsun.us.

Mike Davis