[AlaskaRC] Indoor Flying

Fred Keller fkeller at mtaonline.net
Wed May 20 13:10:54 AKDT 2009

Indoor flying is over for the year at Teeland.

Due to the fact that I have resigned as a volunteer Science Olympiad coach at Teeland, we will not have access to their facility for any more indoor flying activities.  I have been in this position for 12 years and have dedicated thousands of hours to the Sci O program.  I think this is a time in my life to move on and expand my participation in other interests.  I am looking forward to being able to participate in and support more of the club's flying activities (indoors and outdoors).

For everyone's information, one of my teams received a fourth place (out of 60 teams) award in the Wright Flyer at Sci O Nationals last week.  Each one of you would have been very proud of the kids and the professionalism they showed.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank ARCS and other indoor flyers for their support, interest, and participation in the Teeland Science Olympiad kids and their projects over the years.

Fred