[AlaskaRC] SAM web site

Frederick Pennington fr3der1ckiv at gmail.com
Tue May 9 16:59:53 AKDT 2017

Hey Ed,
I am building an electric rc 48" Buccaneer, the wing area is 686 sq in. I
think, it is rare sized model and had to calculate by scaling the wing area
from a 66" model.
The only class I am eligible for, I think, is the Electric limited motor
run.
As I have calculated it, I have to weigh 38.1 oz or more to get to the 8 oz
a sq ft minimum and can either have a less than 960 mah 2 cell or 641 mah 3
cell.
Am I close?
Am I allowed to make modifications to the cowl/nose to better fit the
electric motor? The gas motor design has the engine too far back. If I
place the motor behind the first bulkhead the prop would strike the balsa
cowl.

Thanks a lot,
Derrick