[AlaskaRC] Fw: AMA response to ARC recommendations

Tom Simes president at alaskarc.org
Fri May 15 06:22:05 AKDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 05:27:50 -0400
From: AMA Webmaster <webmaster at modelaircraft.org>
To: Thomas D Simes <president at alaskarc.org>
Subject: AMA response to ARC recommendations

  AMA Response to FAA/ARC
  May 14, 2009

  Dear AMA Member:

  For the past 12 months, the Academy of Model Aeronautics has taken a
proactive role in representing our membership?s model aviation interests
and protecting your flying rights by working closely with the FAA on an
Aircraft Rules Committee (ARC). The purpose of the ARC was to draft
recommendations for regulatory policy for the operation of small
unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) in the National Airspace System (NAS).

  This week the FAA released the ARC recommendations to the public, and
our goal is to keep our membership informed on the recommendations and
progress. Please understand these ARC recommendations are just that,
proposed recommendations and not yet policy or Federal regulation.

  To help keep our membership informed on rulemaking process and the
latest developments, we have created a special section on the AMA Web
site for you. Plus, you will be able to submit questions and comments.
While there may be other sources of ARC information available to you,
the only true source for accurate information is Model Aviation and AMA
Web site.

  Click here for complete information:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/news/ama-faa.aspx

  Dave Mathewson
  AMA President

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes - President
---------(@)---------        Alaska Radio Control Society
        --|--                AMA Chartered Club #1998
          '                  president at alaskarc.org