[AlaskaRC] January Meeting Schedule

robert stephens rfstephens at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 11:07:16 AKST 2024

Thanks for doing this for our club in the dead of winter when it is difficult to do or think about anything…..You are my hero.

I look forward to everyone’s ideas on where to find a meeting place. A place for free is pretty difficult but it can be done.  I remember in the past, meetings were held in members houses, the little red schoolhouse downtown on 3rd ave, A meeting hall at AMU (Now APU), and of course restaurants such as Dennys (not viable in my opinion). I will continue to ask around. My wife mentioned Salvation Army and I have toyed with a meeting in a school.  I’m sure we will have more ideas as a group. That is how to do it in my opinion.
The competition/ event schedule should be easier to do by sticking with the same as last year and making sure we get commitments from CDs. I think the trend is going more towards fun-fly and picnics as apposed to organized competitions. This is true nationally as well as here.  In my lazy way I would stick to our last competition schedule and to absolutely have Ganza.

See you on line tonight. Hope I can figure it out.

Bob